never . stop . being . you . #beeyou

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Learning How To Get Fit.. Organisation, Gotta Start Somewhere

Howdy, 

In my new year post I mentioned how I would like to get fit and stay fit, so as you may have guessed a lot of my blog posts will be around how I’m getting on with this. Here is post number one; its not going great.

January is a difficult time for me to get into a health routine, not only is it trying to get out of the habit of eating loads of delicious foods and finishing all the Christmas treats but it’s the month of mine, Chris’, my big and little sister’s birthdays! Its a busy old month after a busy old Christmas. Every birthday comes with its treats, meals out, presents, relaxing, and of course cake, cake and more cake! Now times that by the number of birthday’s there are then include the factor of different families celebrations for the different birthdays, it all adds up to a very very unhealthy January. 

I used to have the mentality of “ah well, I’ve broken it now lets just give up” but not anymore (hopefully!). I decided to give myself a break and realise that January will be a tough month but that doesn't mean I have to give up. Instead I push back when I start my resolutions and then I can enjoy all the celebrations. Now all the celebrations are over (sad times), I need to get serious with getting fit and hopefully losing weight. 

First thing I think will help on the road to getting fit is getting organised. Organisation is a huge part of getting fit, if you know what you are doing each day, when you're going to the gym, what time you are having dinner and what you have for dinner it gives you less chances of slipping out of it. I’m not the most organised person but I’ve recently bought a new diary and all the attachments like sticky notes and memo pads in the hope it’ll kick start my brain. 

Meal planning is what I’m gonna work on now. I’m a terrible snacker and if I don't have something planned for tea I will easily talk myself (and Chris) into having a take away or going out for tea. Sometimes when I’m working later, its normal to want a quick fix which usually means unhealthy micro meals or quick oven chips and pizza. With planning meals you cut out the opportunity to snack or have unhealthy food (in theory). This is week one of trying to organise meals, they might not all be super healthy but if I have something planned for each night, its a start and then I can learn how to plan healthier meals and then lunches etc. Gotta start somewhere right.

I will be keeping you all up to date as best I can on how I’m getting on and please share any tips you have or are working on to help.

Speak soon, 

Keep smiling..


x

2 comments:

  1. Meal planning seriously changed my life! I also cook in bulk and freeze a lot of things which helps a lot too, especially if I'm working late :) If you like curry I can give you an amazing curry sauce recipe which is suuuuper healthy and you can freeze it :D

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome idea!! need a bigger freezer, mine is tiny 😩 yes please - any new recipes are awesome! 💕

      Delete