never . stop . being . you . #beeyou

Wednesday 26 August 2015

My Daily Make-Up Routine

Hello again everyone,

(I feel I should call you all Bumble Bee's or maybe Bumblers!.. hmmm.. food for thought)


Hope you all had a great weekend and a fabby start to the week, for those who work hope it wasn't too bad a start and for those going back to school I hope you all have a great new term! 

Today’s blog is going to be a typical beauty blog. 

Making My Face Pretty Everyday

YAY!

There will be a video on my YouTube Channel to go along side this blog post where you will see me putting on my make up (don’t be too scared of the bland face - beauty sleep is just sleep for me).

Should probably mention this just in case, I am no expert in make-up or what works best for different types of skin. My products and reviews on them is completely personal opinion and based on loads of trial and error over the year. Everyone has a different skin texture and what works well on my skin may not be great for you but I'm all for “don’t knock it till you try it” so any suggestions you guys have - let me know!

MY FACE;

Prep: I always start off my make up routine with some moisturiser. I used to be really bad with my skin and how I looked after it but a few months ago a friend of mine introduced me to the Vitamin E collection from Body Shop and I loved how gentle it was on my skin and how soft it made it feel. I am one of many who suffer a very oily t-zone but I can get dry skin on my cheeks. For years it was difficult to find something that worked well and helped both. The vitamin E moisturise I use daily, morning and night and it gives me a great base to work my foundation on and a rehydration after taking it all off at the end of the day. 
Primer: I usually only pop some primer on my skin when I am wearing quite a heavy foundation or if I’m going out for a party or filming a video…
Foundation: I have recently just purchased the Rimmel London, Wake Me Up foundation. I was looking for something that I could wear daily that wouldn't be too heavy on my skin but still give a good amount of coverage for my wonky bits. I use the colour Ivory which I was surprised about as I thought I had a slightly darker tone but its actually just my red cheeks shining through and the ivory colour gives me a good base to work on for contour etc. 
Contour: I use a M.A.C Matte Bronze Bronzing Powder. Cause I’ve got wee chubby cheeks its important to get that definition AND it makes me look like I have some colour to me which is always a bonus! 
Blush: Whilst I was looking for my Wake Me Up foundation I stumbled across this beauty which is the Max Factor 
Highlighter: Make-Up Academy is a brand I am very new to. I usually shop in Boots and they (I don't think) have any MUA products - well the one in Aberdeen doesn't anyway. My friend introduced me to them on a day shopping and I came across this lovely shimmery whitey gold highlighter (Iridescent Gold) that gives a lovely sparkle to my face - Sparkle Sparkle! 
Powder: So to set all my face make up, I choose to use the M.A.C Mineralize Powder in the colour Medium. I don't do this with all foundations, like with my primer, if I have heavier make up on I will apply my powder straight after to (again) make it last longer! 

MY EYES;

For the look I have chosen to do I start with a gold base colour. This really brings out the brown pigments in my eyes and helps dazzle people with the sparkles - apparently I’m all about the sparkle today! I use the M.A.C Amber Times Nine palette and the 3 colours Creative Copper (Gold), Aromatic (Brown), and to finish the Pepper, Please (Brown/Black Shimmer). And finish it off with my Maybelline New York Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara (Black) - woah! That was a mouthful!!  

MY LIPS; 
To give this look the final finish I always pop on a bit of lippy. The one I used for this look was the M.A.C Viva Glam in the colour VI (which I did figure out means 6 - fewf). I went into M.A.C in Aberdeen and searched for a colour I could wear regularly that would work with most eye colours and not be too BAM and this is what I got. I find it gives me a lot of moisture with very minimal application and its so versatile that you can add more for a darker lip or just a light layer for a soft lip - completely up to you. I see it as the lipstick for every mood. 








And there you have it guys, this blog goes along side my YouTube video for “My Daily Routine” so check it out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2McG53yG_w)

Hope you enjoyed this (longer than expected) blog!

Keep tuning in if you did and as always..

Keep smiling..

x


#beeyou



No comments:

Post a Comment